COVID 19 & Other Infectious Diseases
The pandemic has had a huge impact on all walks of life. Guidance from the Government can change rapidly so its important to call the home prior to visiting, 01684 561813
- Have never had an outbreak of COVID 19 in the home, we are very proud of our Infection Control, health and safety standards.
- Believe we are one of the only homes in Hereford & Worcestershire to be COVID 19 free.
- Believe we are fast reacting to changes in the wider environment
- All our staff are vaccinated
- All our Residents are vaccinated
Click here for our Risk Assessment: Chace Rest Home Covid_risk_assessment 9-12-2021
Our current guidelines for visiting are:
- Each resident is to be limited to three nominated visitors who can visit regularly.
- This will be in addition to all residents being able to nominate an essential care giver who can visit for companionship or for care needs. In line with the system that was in place earlier in the pandemic, the nominated visitors should remain the same, barring an exceptional change in circumstances.
- Visits at the end of life will be supported.
- those they are visiting to undertake regular LFD testing, and receive a negative LFD on the day of the visit
- those they are visiting to have had their COVID-19 vaccinations including booster if eligible
When going out of the care home residents should:
- avoid visiting people they do not usually spend time with regularly
- avoid visits out that involve mixing with a large number of people indoors
- have had a COVID-19 booster before taking part in a visit out of the care home if eligible, unless exempt